Monday, October 22, 2012

Media

After a report I just read of Drudge disappearing a story, I went to the site to see for myself. I don't see the reportedly disappeared article, but I see a tremendous number of stories I would think are important that haven't shown up on my Google aggregator homepage. Here's a screen-shot:
Granted, there's nothing new here, but this is powerful. These pictures of Obama bowing to everybody should be covered by every media outlet. Obama bowing to people matters to Americans.

Here's a screen-shot of the text/link portion of the page:

I can hardly begin to highlight the headlines that are important. Let me try.
"Taxes go up in 2013 for 163 million workers..."
"PAPER: Obama's Blind Eye to Illegal Donors..."
"Campaign Borrows $15M from Bank of America..."
"Free Pot Offered To Lure Residents To Vote... "
"Sandra Fluke campaign stop in Reno draws 10 people!"
"Wary Swiss Banks Shun Americans..."
"SHUT: Anti-Muslim filmmaker detained for almost a month, next court date three days after election... "
"Thousands call Planned Parenthood for mammograms after Obama's false claim..."

Just wow. How is it all of these stories aren't dominating the news?
The top headline on my Google aggregator is:
"Critic's Notebook: Presidential debates as theater"
The top headline on my USA Today Google gadget is:
"Gas prices could soon drop 50 cents a gallon"
I'll grant that one is a big story, but where are all these other stories? (Rhetorical question.)


Here's probably the biggest of all:
"GALLUP: R 52% 0 45%..."
Every day since the first debate I see a new headline about a poll calling this race a dead heat. I have never seen a headline about Gallop showing a big lead for Romney, which would agree with my prediction all along.

No comments:

Post a Comment