Monday, October 29, 2012

Local

It's going to be windy. That means people will lose power.

UPDATE: Sure enough, here come the power outages. Our power grid is a national embarrassment. I was just outside. It isn't very windy yet.

UPDATE: Hey, the wind is blowing. Not hard, but enough to notice. I bet thousands of more people have lost power. The DDN has no new reports. They will by morning.

I shook hands with Senator Dick Durbin this evening. I was out at a local watering hole, and a bunch of local Democrats showed up, then Dick Durbin showed up. He was very friendly. Because of where I sat at the corner of the bar, he shook my hand before anybody's. He gave a nice speech. He was targeting Catholics in response to a mailer claiming Obama, with his birth control edict, had undermined Catholicism. The funny thing was there were no undecideds in the bar. It was a a couple of regulars, Republicans all except me, and a bunch of Democrats who were there solely to see him. But the funniest thing was when another regular walked in at the end of the speech and told us - the rest of the regulars - he was undecided. I threatened to bring Durbin over to meet him, and I think he decided real quick he didn't support Obama.

No comments:

Post a Comment