Monday, October 29, 2012

Misc

The problems at post-Jobs Apple are becoming public as numerous executives are ousted. As great an advantage as government bans on competition are, they cannot be the base of a business. Just ask Microsoft. If it's any consolation to iZombies, I'm sure a new company will make style more important that substance to fill that market.

AMD to license ARM processors. This is another backward looking move on AMD's part. It's bad enough that AMD is becoming a foundry, but it's becoming a foundry for a declining product. ARM was a growth business 15 years ago. Intel is catching up with Atom, and it's going to win this battle. I left AMD 13 years ago because I believed the company was in inexorable decline, it had chosen to be second rate to Intel, imo, but it still hurts to watch it self-destruct. I still have friends there, and I still have history there. This makes me sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment