Friday, July 13, 2007

Free kibbles

Bush has enough votes to veto if Congress passes a bill to force a pullout from Iraq.

US General says that due to success in Diyala province, US troops could begin a draw-down in January. I think Bush will begin troop withdrawals in January, and I think that's been his plan since he announced the surge.

Senate doubles bin Laden's reward. Excuse my cynicalness, but I can't imagine the terrorist harboring bin Laden saying to himself, "I held out long enough. I knew if I waited long enough they would double the reward so I could make an extra $25 million. I'll turn him in now."

North Korea wants military talks with the US. They haven't followed through on even one requirement of the last deal. No doubt this is a way to get more concessions without giving up anything.

Computer scientist suggests privacy is a biological imperative. I like the way this person thinks. Our minds and our society reflect our genes, and we want privacy. It's very likely a biological imperative.

Iranian nuclear agreement fails to address the key issue of Iran's nuclear program - enrichment. But the deal is still a deal, and any deal is a step in the right direction. I don't know what Iran has to gain, except maybe fooling the public into thinking their leaders are rational. It may be a ploy to slow down what they see as ever increasing sanctions or even a military attack.

No comments:

Post a Comment