Saturday, September 29, 2012

Media

Sometime the craziest things show up on my Google news aggregators. For example, suddenly the US is admitting that al Qaeda terrorists killed our ambassador and three other Americans at the Libyan consulate. This has been known for pretty much two weeks, but the mainstream media is only just now admitting it. I believe this is the reason Google is shutting down its home page. I got an email a couple of weeks ago that Google is shutting down iGoogle in a few months because everybody can get the same information elsewhere. Not as far as I know. I don't know where to get this same information in such an accessible format. I know of no way to access the same aggregations of news I can get from iGoogle. I believe iGoogle is shutting down because the government hates that people have access to stories like these.

No comments:

Post a Comment