Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Dayton Construction

Here's the last Dayton Construction post. Here's the first Dayton Construction post, posted on June 30, 2011. After 16 months, they opened Great Miami Boulevard today sometime between 12:45 and 4:30. I learned in a meeting about I-75 construction today that the impetus for the new road was the upcoming phase of I-75 construction. As I documented before this project, they spent the last few years doing an upgrade on I-75 north of here. Starting in October, two weeks, they begin upgrading I-75 just south of here. It's going to shut down access to First, Second, Third and Salem for five years. Great Miami Boulevard was built to enable people traveling to Salem on I-75 to get off at Main and shoot down Great Miami then up Riverview to Salem.

So they finished the road on schedule. But they could have done the entire project this summer, most likely in the last two months. Three at most. So they squandered all that concrete, steel, equipment and other resources for a year, squandering our wealth. They also unnecessarily took away our park for a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment