Friday, September 05, 2008

Free kibbles

Unemployment rate hits 6.1 percent. That's going to help Obama.

The problem with McCain grabbing the reform mantle is his reforms are all bad. McCain-Feingold is one of the biggest attacks on free speech in history. His immigration plan wouldn't have rewarded 12-20 million illegal immigrants with legal status and a jump in line to US citizenship. He want to emulate Europe's failed CO2 cap and trade policy even though the US is reducing CO2 emissions faster than Europe without it. Everywhere McCain's a maverick, he's wrong. Except the surge, and that's only because every other person in Congress was being stupid.

On the flip-side, Obama's reforms are worse! We can't win.

Transcript and video of McCain's speech. This fabulous line had to make Barack Obama cringe:
I'm not running for president because I think I'm blessed with such personal greatness that history has anointed me to save our country in its hour of need. My country saved me. My country saved me, and I cannot forget it. And I will fight for her for as long as I draw breath, so help me God.
Sarah Palin just got a lot better in my eyes. She attended a Libertarian Party meeting at Denny's. This is another piece of evidence that Palin believes in limited government and understands the failure of the 2 parties.

It wasn't enough to compare Palin to Reagan. Others compare her to Thatcher. Those are nice hopes. I hope she's more libertarian and more successful at changing the culture of government than both.

Satellites and space debris can now be tracked with Google Earth.

Any sexual relationship between an elected official and one of their employees clearly lacks equality of power. No company in America allows that. The military doesn't allow that. I support ethics rules, not laws, against that.

Pat Buchanan highlights current foreign policy challenges including suggesting that Iraqi Prime Minister Maliki plans to overrun Iraqi Sunnis and Kurds and turn Iraq into a Shiite nation.

Michelle Malking explains in detail why community organizing is not executive experience.

Author calls liberal's assault on Sarah Palin the dumbest strategy in the world because it riled up "mama bear".

Palin provides reasons for the names Willow and Piper other than Buffy and Charmed. Too bad. I think she should have embraced those characters.

John Hawkins attempt to explain why liberals hate successful conservative women. I think liberals just hate conservatives, especially those that liberals identify through identity politics. Individuals don't matter to liberals, just group identity, and they consider Sarah Palin a traitor to (liberal) women. Liberals are expending tremendous amounts of energy trying to destroy Sarah Palin to make her drop out. It won't work.

The nomination and study of Sarah Palin continues to provide me revelations. In this case, Jonah Goldberg discusses the Republican rumors that Palin might drop out. Maybe I'm slow, but I just realized that the Republican establishment is as scared of Palin as the Democrats. McCain didn't select Palin just as a Barack Obama killer (though she has to do that first), she's a government aristocrat killer, regardless of party. Aristocrats in both parties are running scared, but Republicans can only talk about it in back rooms. Liberals savage her in the press and on the internet. The more I examine the implications of her selection, the more excited I get. Even I'm getting some hope. Rich Lowry agrees.

Here's more of the power of Sarah Palin. Thanks to her, the Republican convention was the most watched convention ever. Because of her, McCain's acceptance speech had as many viewers as Barack Obama's outrageously produced spectacle. Sarah Palin led Republicans past Democrats last week. She'll probably do the same in November. Palin is more popular than McCain or Obama. Duh.

Charles Krauthammer was more confident in the pre-Palin status quo than now. I'm glad McCain didn't follow his advice.

We're going to see the rule of law lose another battle. Both McCain and Obama missed the legal deadline to submit their names on the ballot in Texas. Aristocrats don't bother to follow the law.

No comments:

Post a Comment