Thursday, December 20, 2012

Right to Keep and Bear Arms

Boortz claims the reason the mall shooter in Portland killed himself was a customer pulled a concealed weapon on him. I hadn't heard this reported, but this is the kind of thing the media covers up. Here's the story.
"The break in gunfire allowed Meli to pull out his own gun, but he never took his eyes off the shooter.
"As I was going down to pull, I saw someone in the back of the Charlotte move, and I knew if I fired and missed, I could hit them," he said.
Meli took cover inside a nearby store.  He never pulled the trigger.  He stands by that decision.
"I'm not beating myself up cause I didn't shoot him," said Meli.  "I know after he saw me, I think the last shot he fired was the one he used on himself.""
Funny how this never made it into the mainstream media. Sure enough a search of Google News shows no mainstream media coverage of this story.

More info on the benefits of the right to keep and bear arms.
"Lott points out that in 1985, only eight states had right-to-carry laws — laws that allow a person to automatically get a permit, provided he passes a background check and completed a training course. Today there are forty states that have some version of these laws. Lott's examination of the data showed that "from 1977 to 1999, states that adopted right-to-carry laws experienced a 60% drop in the rates at which the attacks occur and a 78% drop in the rates at which people are killed from such attacks."
Moreover, he points out that before 1995, it was possible for teachers to bring guns to campus in many states and that "the rash of student shootings at schools began in October 1997 in Pearl, Mississippi after the ban," (my italics)."
I gun advocates go on the offensive with statistics like these.

No comments:

Post a Comment