Monday, March 30, 2009

Free kibbles

President Obama is on TV again today dictating terms to yet another segment of our economy - auto makers. Barack Obama is living his lifelong dream of being dictator of the US, and I hope every American is as sick of it as I am. Let bankruptcy run its course. Get out of my life, Obama. I'll buy whatever car I want, and I don't want you or anybody else in government dictating what kind of cars are available for me to buy. That's for free people working together in a voluntary market to determine. Making the GM chairman a scapegoat won't fix the broken system of government domination of our economy.

I've never heard of the radical 1980 London based market reforms from called the Big Bang, but I find it hard to believe that any financial system founded on the communist institutions of central banks (a government monopoly on the means of production of a good is a decent definition of communism) could possibly be mistaken for unfettered capitalism. Naturally the competition unleashed by the Big Bang is the source of today's financial problems. This sounds like the same old tired tripe from central planners to me. You would think the WSJ would know better, but I guess it's a statist organ like any other.

No comments:

Post a Comment