Thursday, November 12, 2015

Immigration

For years, all I've seen from Lew Rockwell and company is open borders idealism. I was the only libertarian I saw who disagreed. Recently Hoppe, thankfully, shot that down. Then separately, Ilana Mercer shot it down. Now Lew himself, referencing not only Hoppe but Rothbard has joined me.
"If every piece of land in a country were owned by some person, group, or corporation, this would mean that no person could enter unless invited to enter and allowed to rent or purchase property. A totally privatized country would be as closed as the particular property owners desire. It seems clear, then, that the regime of open borders that exists de facto in the U.S. amd Western Europe really amounts to a compulsory opening by the central state, the state in charge of all streets and public land areas, and does not genuinely reflect the wishes of the proprietors."
I never read this from Rothbard before, but it's the exact argument I made. It isn't that hard. I'm glad to see Lew, and hopefully his crew, coming around.

No comments:

Post a Comment